Hello Haigh Parents, Students and Community!
I hope that this email finds you and your family well and that you have had many opportunities to make some great memories over summer break! I know that the entire Haigh staff is excited to welcome all of our Owls back to the building.
While I know that there are some changes that this new school year may bring, I am confident that the whole Haigh community will ensure that we are always working as a team to best support our students. With that being said, I cannot begin to express how excited I am to continue the great work that we started last year and to continue supporting our staff, students, parents and community.
For your planning purposes, Open House will be held on Friday, August 25th from 1:30-3:00 pm. Please stop by, visit your classroom and meet your teacher during this time. We also kindly ask that if you are sending in school/classroom supplies with your child(ren), that you drop them off during your Open House visit. We will also have some snack vendors in our “Haigh Backyard” throughout the afternoon so that we can all enjoy each other’s company!
Below are a few important reminders as we get ready to welcome students back to the building:
- The Main Office is open from 8-4pm daily – Phone # 313-827-6200
- The first day of school is Monday August 28th
- This will be a half day for all students with dismissal @ 12:05
- Kindergarten students only – Soft start days will be half days, Monday, August 28th – Tuesday, September 5th. Dismissal time is 12:05 pm. There will be no busses at the 12:05 Kindergarten dismissal. Full days begin Wednesday, Sept. 6th from 8:55-3:55
- Teachers will reach out to families on the afternoon of August 23rd with classroom assignments and details
- All Dearborn Public Schools will be closed for the Labor Day holiday from September 1 – September 4. School will resume on Tuesday, September 5th @ 8:55 am
- Breakfast and Lunch are free for all Dearborn Public Schools students
- Breakfast begins at 8:35 daily
- Breakfast is NOT an early drop-off. Students must be eating school breakfast to be in the cafeteria.
- Our breakfast and lunch menus are available @ https://dearbornschools.nutrislice.com/menu/haigh-elementary
- ParentConnect- Make sure to login to review your student information and to provide any updates.
- If you are interested in Kids Club before or after school please find more information here or you can call 313-827-8350
- If you have not yet subscribed to our blog, please do so @ https://haigh.dearbornschools.org/
Finally, as you may have heard, the building will be undergoing some major construction over the course of the school year. This construction is exciting and needed and will give us 6 new classrooms, a new cafeteria and serving line as well as some additional student bathrooms and office spaces. We are so excited! However, we know that the construction is going to bring with it some major changes in our daily operations, which will require patience and understanding from the entire Haigh community as we make some necessary updates to ensure everyone’s safety.
I am looking forward to a great start to the year!
Mrs. Erin McIngvale
Principal Haigh Elementary