Hello Haigh Parents, Students and Community!
I am excited to be joining the Haigh team and to welcome everyone back to the start of the 2022/23 school year! I hope that this email finds you and your family well and that you have had many opportunities to make some great memories over summer break. While I know that we are starting off the year with some big changes, I am confident that as a team we will continue to meet the high expectations, strong practices and strong relationships that the Haigh community has already accomplished together, and I am excited to continue to support.
While I know that I am a new face in the building, I have been in the district for the past 8 years starting at Woodworth Middle School, as a teacher, and then transitioning to Long Elementary and DPS Virtual K-12 as the acting Assistant Principal for the 2021/22 school year. I was also Principal of Long Elementary’s Summer Program at the end of last year. I am a lifelong Dearborn resident and my family and I are active members of the Dearborn community. With that being said, I cannot begin to express how excited I am to be part of the Haigh team and to be supporting our staff, students, parents and community.
Below are a few important reminders as we get ready to welcome students back to the building:
- The Main Office is open from 8-4pm daily – Phone # 313-827-6200
- The first day of school is Monday August 29th
- This will be a half day for all students with dismissal @ 12:05
- Kindergarten students only – Soft start days will be half days, Monday, August 29th – Friday, September 9th. Dismissal time of 12:05pm.
- We are still finalizing classroom rosters. Teachers will reach out to families on the afternoon of August 26th with classroom details.
- All Dearborn Public Schools will be closed for the Labor Day holiday from September 2 – September 5. School will resume on Monday, September 6th @ 8:55
- Breakfast and Lunch are free for all Dearborn Public Schools students
- Breakfast begins at 8:35 daily
- Our breakfast and lunch menus are available @ https://dearbornschools.nutrislice.com/menu/haigh-elementary
- ParentConnect- Make sure to login to review your student information and to provide any updates. This option will be available for parents until Friday, Sep 23, 2022.
- Open House is scheduled for Thursday, September 8 from 6 – 7:30 p.m. Be ready to meet the teacher, participate in grade level activities and stop by one of the food trucks!
- If you are interested in Kids Club before or after school please find more information here or you can call 313-827-8350
- If you have not yet subscribed to our blog, please do so @ https://haigh.dearbornschools.org/
I am looking forward to a great start to the year!
Mrs. Erin McIngvale