Haigh Elementary School

Update on the Ski Trip and School for Tomorrow

Evening Haigh Community,

    I am emailing tonight to keep everyone informed about the status of school and the 5th grade ski trip for tomorrow, February 1st, 2019. District has released the statement below about school for tomorrow. Haigh has decided to cancel the Ski Trip for tomorrow and will provide a refund for our families. We are disappointed that we will not be able to attend this school year, but  want to make sure we are keeping all of our students safe and warm. More information will be provided for the 5th grade families about their refund in the near future. Please continue to check the District Website about the status of school for tomorrow. Thank you everyone for your time, keep warm!

Mr. Short

(District Message below)

As of right now all Dearborn Public Schools will be open on Friday, February 1, 2019.  Temperatures continue to be cold but the forecast is calling for windchills of less than -20. This is one of several factors considered when making the decision to close school. 

The District will continue to monitor weather, road , building, and bus conditions throughout the night.  If conditions change an update will be posted in the morning.